Swiss German Cases and articles
Description: Hi guys,
I know this is a longer video, sorry about that. Also not sure I explained everything well, but you can always ask in the comments if something remains unclear. :)
1. GERMAN cases/articles: http://tinyurl.com/lhuzfaj
2. SG cases/articles: http://tinyurl.com/nrbb6xk
3. SG genitive case: http://tinyurl.com/n4y35m8
Here are the sentences/phrases/words i used in the video, and more info:
case - Fall/Kasus m.
nominative case - Nominativ
accusative case - Akkusativ
dative case - Dativ
genitive case - Genitiv
definite article - bstimmtĂ¤ Artikel (m.) bstimmti Artikel (pl.)
indefinite article - unbstimmtĂ¤ Artikel (m.) unbstimmti Artikel (pl.)
Don't tell any man/woman/child about this! or Tell no man/woman/child about this! SĂ¤g das kĂ¤m Ma/kĂ¤nerĂ¤ Frau/kĂ¤m Chind!
Don't tell anyone - SĂ¤gs niemerem!
Some more examples for the cases, naming the cases the dog is in:
Nominative: The dog is cute. - DĂ¤ Hund isch hĂ¤rzig.
Accusative: The cat dislikes the dog. - D'Chatz hĂ¤t de Hund nid gĂ¤rn.
Dative: The man told the dog his secrets. - DĂ¤ Ma het am Hund sini Gheimnis avertraut.
Gheimnis avertrouĂ¤/avertrauĂ¤ is a fixed phrase and means as much as to tell one's secrets or to confide one's secrets to smb.
If you're wondering why it is dative when there's no 'to'; you can say: he told his secrets TO the dog. :) the problem is this "to" + verb = dative isn't foolproof. a lot of verbs which require the dative in SG don't have a "to" in english. so what i'll do is just add the case next to verbs when you're learning new verbs. :)
Genitive: That's the toy of the dog - Das isch am Hund sis SpiilzĂĽg/Das isch s SpiilzĂĽg vom Hund.
toy - SpiilzĂĽg (n.)
secret - Gheimnis (n.)
cat - Chatz (f.) ChatzenĂ¤ (pl.)
dog - Hund (m.) HĂĽnd (pl.)
car - Auto (n.) Autos (pl.)
little toy car - AutĂ¶Ă¶li (n.)
man - Ma(a) (m.) MannĂ¤ (pl.)
woman - Frau (f.) FrauĂ¤/FrauĂ¤nĂ¤ (pl.)
child - Chind (n.)
that woman's dog walked off/escaped/got lost - dĂ¤rĂ¤ Frau ihre(n) Hund isch wĂ¤ggloffĂ¤.
to walk off/run away - wĂ¤glaufĂ¤
If i didn't add a plural form, it means it stays the same as the singular form.
Sent by: Maryangel24
( including the playlists )
Published at: 2014-05-15 21:21:47.000
Total of views: 4772 - Duration: 18M42S
- Favorites: 0 - Likes: 81 - Dislikes: 2
Total of comments: 68 - Category id: 27
In window : AyneEULovCQ
(Shockwave Flash Object)
Â¬ Video hosted by Youtube : the portal TOL is not responsible for this type of content
- requests for removal of this video based in laws like the DMCA must be sent to Google
Click this code to Select and Copy instantly
( Ctrl-C is necessary in the Firefox or Chrome )
Video HTML5 / Flash widescreen
Space destined for new content such as Comments, Updates, Suggestions, Constructive Criticism, Questions and Answers about "Swiss German Cases and articles", doubts and solutions that help other visitors, users, students, professionals, etc.
Important ( before send a comment ) : Don't use this space to send another requests as content removals, claims, complaints, or to warn about errors that occurred on this page. Please, [
click here] to report these or any other kind of problem for Swiss German Cases and articles, even if it is temporary error or in the server...
Part of this page can be based on free documentation and paid or open content, including multimedia, therefore specific requests should be sent to the external source, the site Videos.Portal-TOL.net is not responsible for its edition and any page refresh can be made immediately or in a short and long term periods, depending on the origin.
- Swiss German Cases and articles|
- Swiss German Articles, Possessive Adjectives and Pronouns
- Swiss German verb conjugation
- Swiss German: Travelling part 1
- Re: swiss german
- Swiss German vs German (and other SG stuff)
- Winter related words in Swiss german
- Swiss german pronouns
- Swiss German Phonetics Part 2 - Consonants
- Swiss German formality: Sie vs du (the two types of you)
- Swiss German Alphabet and Phonetics Part 1 - Vowels
- playlist Dell McLeod - swiss german
- playlist Dative case - Topic - Popular Dative case & Article videos
- channel Maryangel24 ( Maryangel24 )
- playlist Diane 127 - Mini Swiss German Playlist