Why I use FreeBSD (Part 3): Linux is a mess [BSD userland]
Description: I realize my definition of 'userland' is way too oversimplified here but I wanted to demonstrate one of the biggest reasons why I left Linux: it's a total mess.
Forgot to mention that Linux is technically 'just a kernel'.
All other applications are sourced elsewhere and packaged. FreeBSD on the other hand is a complete OS with its own base applications. That's why things are structured the way they are.
#freebsd #openbsd #linux
Sent by: iBSD
( including the playlists )
Published at: 2018-08-18 21:45:56.000
Total of views: 28047 - Duration: 4M4S
- Favorites: 0 - Likes: 275 - Dislikes: 78
Total of comments: 160 - Category id: 28
In window : EJEUYUPtNWA
(Shockwave Flash Object)
Â¬ Video hosted by Youtube : the portal TOL is not responsible for this type of content
- requests for removal of this video based in laws like the DMCA must be sent to Google
Click this code to Select and Copy instantly
( Ctrl-C is necessary in the Firefox or Chrome )
Video HTML5 / Flash widescreen
Space destined for new content such as Comments, Updates, Suggestions, Constructive Criticism, Questions and Answers about "Why I use FreeBSD Part 3 Linux is a mess BSD userland", doubts and solutions that help other visitors, users, students, professionals, etc.
Important ( before send a comment ) : Don't use this space to send another requests as content removals, claims, complaints, or to warn about errors that occurred on this page. Please, [
click here] to report these or any other kind of problem for Why I use FreeBSD Part 3 Linux is a mess BSD userland, even if it is temporary error or in the server...
Part of this page can be based on free documentation and paid or open content, including multimedia, therefore specific requests should be sent to the external source, the site Videos.Portal-TOL.net is not responsible for its edition and any page refresh can be made immediately or in a short and long term periods, depending on the origin.
- Why I use FreeBSD (Part 3): Linux is a mess [BSD userland]|
- Why FreeBSD and OpenBSD are tidy [GNU/Linux vs. BSD OS + coreutils]
- I tried FreeBSD! - here's what I think of it
- My 5 Reasons to Use FreeBSD in 2019
- Q&A + Advice - Moving from Linux to BSD
- 5 Reasons to Use FreeBSD in 2018
- LinuxFest Northwest 2019: FreeBSD is Everywhere
- Why I use FreeBSD and OpenBSD (Part 5): Sane, trustworthy package management
- LFNW 2018: Switching to the BSDs: A crash course in FreeBSD, FreeNAS, TrueOS and OpenBSD
- 5 Mistakes New FreeBSD Users Make - EPIC VERSION
- Why I use FreeBSD (Part 4): LaTeX is a game-changer [see ya OpenOffice and Google Docs]
- channel iBSD ( iBSD )
- playlist Dick Bosman - FreeBSD
- playlist Tomasz Suchecki - FreeBSD
- playlist Mahara: Linux - Linux.FreeBSD