HMS Queen Elizabeth Aircraft Carrier arriving at Portsmouth Harbour
Description: The HMS Queen Elizabeth is the largest warship ever built for the United Kingdom's Royal Navy, capable of carrying up to forty aircraft, arriving here at Portsmouth Harbour, it's home base naval station on Wednesday the 16th August 2017 at 07:10.
The aircraft carrier is so big that it needs two tug boats to guide it through the harbour mouth. The entrance to the harbour had to dredged to allow the 65 000 ton ship to enter. At its narrowest point, there was less than 66ft (20m) clearance on each side of the carrier as it entered the harbour mouth.
Specialist dredging vessels removed 3.2 million cubic metres of sediment during the dredging operation to deepen the harbour mouth to enable the Queen Elizabeth to reach Portsmouth naval base. 20 000 articles were recovered during the dredging process including a human skull, canons and mines from WWII.
Flypasts of a Sea King, two MK2 Merlins and two MK3 Merlins joined by two Hawk jets took place during the harbour entrance.
Sent by: Deryck vS
( including the playlists )
Published at: 2017-08-17 15:22:12.000
Total of views: 3433 - Duration: 2M54S
- Favorites: 0 - Likes: 36 - Dislikes: 1
Total of comments: 2 - Category id: 19
In window : UubiTA6R6_w
(Shockwave Flash Object)
Â¬ Video hosted by Youtube : the portal TOL is not responsible for this type of content
- requests for removal of this video based in laws like the DMCA must be sent to Google
Click this code to Select and Copy instantly
( Ctrl-C is necessary in the Firefox or Chrome )
Video HTML5 / Flash widescreen
Space destined for new content such as Comments, Updates, Suggestions, Constructive Criticism, Questions and Answers about "HMS Queen Elizabeth Aircraft Carrier arriving at Portsmouth Harbour", doubts and solutions that help other visitors, users, students, professionals, etc.
Important ( before send a comment ) : Don't use this space to send another requests as content removals, claims, complaints, or to warn about errors that occurred on this page. Please, [
click here] to report these or any other kind of problem for HMS Queen Elizabeth Aircraft Carrier arriving at Portsmouth Harbour, even if it is temporary error or in the server...
Part of this page can be based on free documentation and paid or open content, including multimedia, therefore specific requests should be sent to the external source, the site Videos.Portal-TOL.net is not responsible for its edition and any page refresh can be made immediately or in a short and long term periods, depending on the origin.
- HMS Queen Elizabeth Aircraft Carrier arriving at Portsmouth Harbour|
- ð¬ð§ The Awesome HMS Queen Elizabeth Aircraft Carrier, Arrives at Portsmouth UK.
- ðºð¸ USS Theodore Roosevelt & USS Winston S Churchill Arrive At Portsmouth England.
- HMS Queen Elizabeth arriving in Portsmouth harbour for the first time - 16th August 2017
- MDP Operation for arrival of HMS Queen Elizabeth in Portsmouth
- HMS Queen Elizabeth Carrier arrives in Portsmouth
- UK: Thousands welcome Britain's biggest warship arriving at Portsmouth
- HMS Queen Elizabeth Arrives In Portsmouth For The First Time
- Aerial video of HMS Queen Elizabeth arriving in Portsmouth- BBC News
- U.K.'s new warship HMS Queen Elizabeth arrives in Portsmouth
- AERIAL: UKâs HMS Queen Elizabeth flagship carrier sails into Portsmouth