The tyranny of the curriculum: Shawn Cornally at TEDxEastsidePrep
Description: Shawn Cornally teaches and learns in eastern Iowa where he is primarily concerned with conducting action research in different models of the secondary schooling experience with specific concern towards producing generative and joyful students. He is currently conducting several experiments in this area including: running a school without walls, developing a software suite dedicated to assessment-for-learning, and managing a local media company's efforts to catalyze educational transformation. Shawn has also written for GOOD magazine and Edutopia.org, while blogging his success and failures at ThinkThankThunk.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.* (*Subject to certain rules and regulations)
Sent by: TEDx Talks
( including the playlists )
Published at: 2014-03-14 15:40:19.000
Total of views: 10567 - Duration: 18M17S
- Favorites: 0 - Likes: 56 - Dislikes: 2
Total of comments: 6 - Category id: 29
In window : aldMBgT6u-4
(Shockwave Flash Object)
Â¬ Video hosted by Youtube : the portal TOL is not responsible for this type of content
- requests for removal of this video based in laws like the DMCA must be sent to Google
Click this code to Select and Copy instantly
( Ctrl-C is necessary in the Firefox or Chrome )
Video HTML5 / Flash widescreen
Space destined for new content such as Comments, Updates, Suggestions, Constructive Criticism, Questions and Answers about "The tyranny of the curriculum Shawn Cornally at TEDxEastsidePrep", doubts and solutions that help other visitors, users, students, professionals, etc.
Important ( before send a comment ) : Don't use this space to send another requests as content removals, claims, complaints, or to warn about errors that occurred on this page. Please, [
click here] to report these or any other kind of problem for The tyranny of the curriculum Shawn Cornally at TEDxEastsidePrep, even if it is temporary error or in the server...
Part of this page can be based on free documentation and paid or open content, including multimedia, therefore specific requests should be sent to the external source, the site Videos.Portal-TOL.net is not responsible for its edition and any page refresh can be made immediately or in a short and long term periods, depending on the origin.
- The tyranny of the curriculum: Shawn Cornally at TEDxEastsidePrep|
- TEDxEastsidePrep - Shawn Cornally - The Future of Education Without Coercion
- Shawn Cornally #mtt2k
- Parents: school curriculum making kids dumber
- Shawn Cornally
- Shawn Cornally and Trace Pickering- Past, Present, Future.
- The History of Curriculum in America (movie 4 of 4)
- Shawn Cornally
- We follow the school curriculum
- Top 10 Best High Schools in Iowa (United States of America)
- Decolonising the Curriculum | Melz Owusu | TEDxUniversityofLeeds
- playlist TEDx Talks - TEDxEastsidePrep - 02/14/14
- playlist 1961mckinney - Instructional Design Curriculum Study
- playlist Dr. Tae - School Sucks
- playlist Christina Rose - education class