Experimental Audio over IP Intercom Receiver - using a Raspberry PI & the VOIP APP - Seren
Description: Experimental setup for using a Raspberry Pi as an AUDIO OVER IP Receiver...using its own ANALOGUE AUDIO OUTPUT speaker jack. The VOIP APP chosen is SEREN:
Seren is a command line program and runs using just ALSA on Linux(Raspbian for PI) ALSA is chosen to simplify the setup...and save some CPU cycles from being chewed up by PULSEAUDIO.
Since the PI does not have audio input...I instead told Seren to use an ALSA LOOPBACK CABLE(snd.aloop module)
to bring up this "virtual" soundcard, snd.aloop module, that will show up as a soundcard in Linux... just issue this command :
"sudo modprobe snd-aloop" (without quotes)
then you can type in terminal - arecord -l and aplay-l & you should see the new virtual sound card show up...
Loopback [Loopback], device 1: Loopback PCM [Loopback PCM]
make note of the CARD NUMBER of the virtual loopback and then
tell SEREN to use that as its input, here is what the command looks like on my Raspberry Pi to get Seren running and ready for receiving an outside connection:(LAN or WAN)
seren -d hw:0 -D hw:4 -a -n Raspberry_PI
hw:0 is the Pi's own analogue sound card(output)
hw:4 is the snd-aloop loopback sound card(input)- NOTE: we are only using the loopback input so SEREN will start up, we actually do not intend to input any audio from the loopback...but I found that Seren using alsa, will not load unless it registers an "input" sound card.
-a is so that the Raspberry Pi will automatically answer a call
-n is what you can "name" the Pi's Seren...which I chose "Raspberry_PI"
on the REMOTE computer(LAN or WAN) (NOTE: - if remote is from the WAN, then you have to port forward in your router to the Raspberry PI's internal ip address...Seren's default port # is 8110)
the laptop's SEREN terminal command line used in this video is:
seren -d pulse -a -n REMOTEconnection
-d pulse uses PULSEAUDIO on the laptop
the connection is automatic, if the -a command was used on the PI's SEREN
the bitrate was set to 64000
sample rate was set to 48000
encryption was "on"
PODCAST shown on video is from here:
Sent by: QRQcw
( including the playlists )
Published at: 2017-04-17 19:45:44.000
Total of views: 5480 - Duration: 8M9S
- Favorites: 0 - Likes: 17 - Dislikes: 1
Total of comments: 2 - Category id: 28
In window : aucT_zwSsSQ
(Shockwave Flash Object)
Â¬ Video hosted by Youtube : the portal TOL is not responsible for this type of content
- requests for removal of this video based in laws like the DMCA must be sent to Google
Click this code to Select and Copy instantly
( Ctrl-C is necessary in the Firefox or Chrome )
Video HTML5 / Flash widescreen
Space destined for new content such as Comments, Updates, Suggestions, Constructive Criticism, Questions and Answers about "Experimental Audio over IP Intercom Receiver using a Raspberry PI amp the VOIP APP Seren", doubts and solutions that help other visitors, users, students, professionals, etc.
Important ( before send a comment ) : Don't use this space to send another requests as content removals, claims, complaints, or to warn about errors that occurred on this page. Please, [
click here] to report these or any other kind of problem for Experimental Audio over IP Intercom Receiver using a Raspberry PI amp the VOIP APP Seren, even if it is temporary error or in the server...
Part of this page can be based on free documentation and paid or open content, including multimedia, therefore specific requests should be sent to the external source, the site Videos.Portal-TOL.net is not responsible for its edition and any page refresh can be made immediately or in a short and long term periods, depending on the origin.
- Audio Input to Raspberry Pi using Respeaker HAT | First Look #11|
- Heston Liebowitz - "Build your own IoT doorbell: Raspberry Pi, Twilio, and Fire(base)", PyBay 2017
- Ham Radio - Remote Rig Voice "audio OVER ip" software - ADPCM CODEC - Gstreamer demo
- InfoComm 2017: Audio Everywhere Shows Two-Input Audio Extractor
- CYP AU-IP21 Audio Remote Controller over IP
- The Raspberry Pi Audio System - Episode 1
- Raspberry PI - JackTrip - MULTI CLIENT P2P FULL MESH AUDIO SERVER - ADVANCED SETUP
- Linux Podcast Mixer - JackRouter + Gstreamer's "audio OVER ip" PIPELINES for 3 remote callers
- Digital Ip network audio intercom system introduction and solution
- Gstreamer VORBIS AUDIO CODEC high quality audio streaming - on a RASPBERRY PI - LIVE demo
- Audio setting with raspberry pi 3 using usb audio
- playlist Nahid Ali - seeker .