The Articles of Confederation EXPLAINED [AP Government Review]
Description: In this video Heimler explains our nation's first governing document: the Articles of Confederation. During the Revolutionary War it was the Articles of Confederation that governed the new United States, and in order to understand the U.S. Constitution and all the decisions that were made in its writing, you have to first understand the Articles.
Under the Articles of Confederation the only federal body with any power was a Congress. There was no president and no judicial branch. And the Congress itself was entirely weak compared to the power invested in the states.
And it was a rattling event called Shays's Rebellion that convinced America that we needed a new Constitution. So a few leaders gathered at the Constitutional Convention in 1787 and ended up throwing out the Articles of Confederation and set about writing a new Constitution.
This video, in case you were wondering, is keyed to the new AP U.S. Government curriculum for 2019.
Sent by: Steve Heimler
( including the playlists )
Published at: 2019-01-11 20:42:11.000
Total of views: 5904 - Duration: 5M44S
- Favorites: 0 - Likes: 134 - Dislikes: 3
Total of comments: 11 - Category id: 27
In window : qElOjgN-5Ho
(Shockwave Flash Object)
Â¬ Video hosted by Youtube : the portal TOL is not responsible for this type of content
- requests for removal of this video based in laws like the DMCA must be sent to Google
Click this code to Select and Copy instantly
( Ctrl-C is necessary in the Firefox or Chrome )
Video HTML5 / Flash widescreen
Space destined for new content such as Comments, Updates, Suggestions, Constructive Criticism, Questions and Answers about "The Articles of Confederation EXPLAINED AP Government Review", doubts and solutions that help other visitors, users, students, professionals, etc.
Important ( before send a comment ) : Don't use this space to send another requests as content removals, claims, complaints, or to warn about errors that occurred on this page. Please, [
click here] to report these or any other kind of problem for The Articles of Confederation EXPLAINED AP Government Review, even if it is temporary error or in the server...
Part of this page can be based on free documentation and paid or open content, including multimedia, therefore specific requests should be sent to the external source, the site Videos.Portal-TOL.net is not responsible for its edition and any page refresh can be made immediately or in a short and long term periods, depending on the origin.
- The Articles of Confederation EXPLAINED [AP Government Review]|
- AP GOV Explained Articles of Confederation
- The U.S. Constitution Explained [AP Government Review]
- The Articles of Confederation - Becoming the United States - Extra History - #1
- The Constitution, the Articles, and Federalism: Crash Course US History #8
- The BILL OF RIGHTS Explained [AP Government Explained]
- The Articles of Confederation
- AP Government Review: Articles of Confederation
- Topic 1.4 Challenges of the Articles of Confederation AP Government
- AP Government: Foundations - The Articles of Confederation & Constitutional Convention
- What Ideas Guided the Framers of the Constitution? [AP Government Review]
- playlist JoczProductions - AP Government (AP GOV)
- playlist Matt Kennedy - Ch. 6-7 Articles Through Adams
- playlist Brian Kratz - Aarticles of confederation
- playlist Sarah Ghalmi - AP GOV NEED TO KNOW COURT CASES