006 - a/an vs. the (Rule 1) English Articles - Beginning English Lesson - Basic English Grammar
Description: http://www.englishanyone.com/power-learning/ Learn to express yourself confidently in fluent English and sound like a native speaker with our FREE Power Learning video course!
Learn basic English grammar!
Π’Ρ ΠΏΠΎΠ½ΡΠ»Π° ΡΠ°Π·Π½ΠΈΡΡ ΠΌΠ΅ΠΆΠ΄Ρ 'a' ΠΈ 'the'?
With our latest video series, EnglishAnyone.com is attempting to pull off the seemingly impossible: we're going to teach English, to absolute beginners with no English speaking experience, IN English!
This unique, revolutionary series throws out the usual English teaching conventions, parts with the traditional order in which grammar is taught and makes English accessible to anyone who wants to learn!
For teachers curious to see how this is possible, and for students of any ability level who want to improve their English, welcome to English Anyone!
Lesson 6 - Indefinite & Definite Articles
Understand English articles and learn when to use a, an and the.
Uncountable nouns require no article:
water, milk, rice, tea
Countable nouns (and adjectives modifying nouns) that begin with consonants require "a":
a pen, a book, a car, a cat
Countable nouns (and adjectives modifying nouns) that begin with a vowel require "an":
an apple, an egg, an umbrella, an octopus
an = a
"The" is used after a noun is introduced with "a" or "an".
The cat is small.
"The" is also used when describing something that both the speaker and the listener know about.
I went to the park yesterday (the park both people usually go to).
"The" is also used when there can only be one thing.
He is the best.
She is the tallest.
Don't use "the" before:
1. the names of cities, towns, or states: Kyoto, Chicago, Houston
2. the names of streets: Madison Ave., King St.
3. the names of lakes and bays: Lake Michigan, Lake Ontario
4. the names of mountains: Mount Kilimanjaro, Mount Fuji
5. the names of continents: Antarctica, South America
6. the names of islands: Kodiak Island, Oahu
7. the names of countries: Spain, Canada, Thailand
(except for the Netherlands, the Bahamas, the United States, etc.)
Do use "the" before:
1. names of rivers, oceans and seas: the Amazon, the Atlantic, the Red Sea
2. specific points on the Earth: the Prime Meridian, the South Pole, the Equator
3. geographical areas: the West Bank, the East Indies
4. deserts, forests, gulfs, and peninsulas: the Gobi Desert, the Gulf of Mexico, the Black Forest, the Texas Panhandle
For more tips, lessons and videos, and to discover the 7 secrets to becoming a confident, fluent English speaker easily and automatically, visit us at http://www.englishanyone.com/.
Sent by: EnglishAnyone
( including the playlists )
Published at: 2011-09-19 09:27:12.000
Total of views: 121914 - Duration: 5M24S
- Favorites: 0 - Likes: 897 - Dislikes: 27
Total of comments: 48 - Category id: 27
In window : urq83C363uM
(Shockwave Flash Object)
Β¬ Video hosted by Youtube : the portal TOL is not responsible for this type of content
- requests for removal of this video based in laws like the DMCA must be sent to Google
Click this code to Select and Copy instantly
( Ctrl-C is necessary in the Firefox or Chrome )
Video HTML5 / Flash widescreen
Space destined for new content such as Comments, Updates, Suggestions, Constructive Criticism, Questions and Answers about "006 a an vs the Rule 1 English Articles Beginning English Lesson Basic English Grammar", doubts and solutions that help other visitors, users, students, professionals, etc.
Important ( before send a comment ) : Don't use this space to send another requests as content removals, claims, complaints, or to warn about errors that occurred on this page. Please, [
click here] to report these or any other kind of problem for 006 a an vs the Rule 1 English Articles Beginning English Lesson Basic English Grammar, even if it is temporary error or in the server...
Part of this page can be based on free documentation and paid or open content, including multimedia, therefore specific requests should be sent to the external source, the site Videos.Portal-TOL.net is not responsible for its edition and any page refresh can be made immediately or in a short and long term periods, depending on the origin.
- 006 - a/an vs. the (Rule 1) English Articles - Beginning English Lesson - Basic English Grammar|
- 011 - a/an vs. the (Rule 2) English Articles - Beginning English Lesson - Basic English Grammar
- Articles: A, An & The - English grammar tutorial video lesson
- 004 - Pronouns (I, you, he, she, it, we & they) - Beginning English Lesson - Basic English Grammar
- Learn English Articles - English Language Video Lesson
- Efficient English 3: Articles A/An The
- 003 - Adjectives, Colors & Conjunctions (and/or) - Beginning English Lesson - Basic English Grammar
- The Indefinite Article "A" | Easy English Conversation Practice | ESL
- 005 - The Verb To be (am, are & is) & Emotions - Learn REAL English - Learn Basic English Grammar
- A vs An British English Grammar
- 014 - Weather, Counting, Time & The Calendar - Beginning English Lesson - Basic English Grammar
- playlist Duong Anh - Our Simple Beginning English Course
- playlist NgaNguyen ND - Beginning English Lesson-Basic English Grammar _ ANYONE
- playlist Ahmed Amin - Beginner English Level One
- playlist Gabriela Morrison - English Anyone By Drew Badger