Computer Security Basics
Presenter: Eli the Computer Guy
Length: 30 Minutes
Security / Data Integrity
Purpose of Class:
This class introduces you to the basic concepts of computer security.
Internet Security Suites
Web Browser Security Problems
There are many reasons why people hack. Some do it for fun, profit or to prove a point.
Hacking is simple enough that a 9 year old can do it.
Software Flaws / Updates
Are the prime reasons computers are compromised
Protects against viruses
A virus is self replicating and tries to damage a computer
Malware is software that's primary purpose is not to damage a computer
Malware generally tries to collect information about a user, or tries to force a user to visit sites or buy products.
Hardware firewalls are built into routers
Software firewalls are installed onto your computer
Security Suites can be worse than hackers -- We have met the enemy and he is us.
If you use an account other than ADMINISTRATOR or ROOT when you normally use your computer you will be more secure.
Warn you if you are going to an "unsafe" site
The Problem with Internet Explorer is that is does more than just browse the Internet.
Firefox and Chrome are better but still have problems
Sent by: Eli the Computer Guy
( including the playlists )
Published at: 2010-12-17 10:00:39.000
Total of views: 181201 - Duration: 30M41S
- Favorites: 0 - Likes: 1605 - Dislikes: 52
Total of comments: 193 - Category id: 28
In window : y7VpbOWFsoU
(Shockwave Flash Object)
Â¬ Video hosted by Youtube : the portal TOL is not responsible for this type of content
- requests for removal of this video based in laws like the DMCA must be sent to Google
Click this code to Select and Copy instantly
( Ctrl-C is necessary in the Firefox or Chrome )
Video HTML5 / Flash widescreen
Space destined for new content such as Comments, Updates, Suggestions, Constructive Criticism, Questions and Answers about "Computer Security Basics", doubts and solutions that help other visitors, users, students, professionals, etc.
Important ( before send a comment ) : Don't use this space to send another requests as content removals, claims, complaints, or to warn about errors that occurred on this page. Please, [
click here] to report these or any other kind of problem for Computer Security Basics, even if it is temporary error or in the server...
Part of this page can be based on free documentation and paid or open content, including multimedia, therefore specific requests should be sent to the external source, the site Videos.Portal-TOL.net is not responsible for its edition and any page refresh can be made immediately or in a short and long term periods, depending on the origin.
- Computer Security Basics|
- Cybersecurity: Crash Course Computer Science #31
- Introduction to Computer Security - Information Security Lesson #1 of 12
- Cyber Security Full Course for Beginner
- Computer Security | Types of Computer Security | Cybersecurity Course | Edureka
- Computer Security
- Computer Security Tips for Beginners
- Complete IT Security Course By Google || Cyber Security Full Course for Beginner
- Internet Security Basics
- Computer Security Basic Principles
- What is Cyber Security? | Introduction to Cyber Security | Cyber Security Training | Edureka
- playlist Geek's Lesson - Cyber Security Tutorial
- playlist Robert Dove - Computer Security Basics
- playlist edureka! - Cyber Security Training for Beginners | Edureka